Tips and tricks to get you prepared for the big day!
Amongst the excitement and adrenaline of preparing for a cycling race, there are nerves and worries that seep through your veins as you sit on your saddle at the start line awaiting the word: GO.
To get you in the saddle and ready for RideLondon, we’ve put together some tips and tricks so that you can feel confident as we approach29 May …
1. Have a good look through all the helpful guidance that RideLondon will provide you before you take part. Each RideLondon event varies slightly and with the new 2022 route to Essex you will need to know which areas are more treacherous than others
2. Prepare yourself with good quality equipment (such as Lycra, helmets, rain jackets, padded gloves and of course, the bike!). Be sure to ask a professional, such as the a shop assistant, to find the kit that is best for your individual needs i.e. your height and skill level. From first timer to avid cycling enthusiast, the right kit makes all of the difference!
3. Once you’ve bought all the equipment you need, get it serviced regularly to ensure the tyres are pumped and your brakes are in good condition.
4. Of course, you won’t be cycling for the 100-mile duration of the actual race when you are training. However, experts have said that it is good to get one BIG cycle done before the event, usually this is around 50-70 miles!
5. Remember to take rests in between your training days in order to recover and to avoid overexerting yourself.
Bonus Tip: Enjoy the ride, embrace the training!
RideLondon is a great event for people to get involved with charities, and help support a cause you’re passionate about. At Vision Foundation, we are always so grateful for donations and support and when you join Team Vision, we’ll cheer you on and support you on the sidelines every step of the way.
When you ride with us, you’ll receive:
- A complimentary cycling jersey
- A fundraising pack to help you reach that all important fundraising target
- Expert training advice
- Continuous support from one of our friendly fundraisers
- Assistance with finding guide cyclists if required
- Continuous support from our fundraising team and close communication pre and post cycling day
If you want to join Vision Foundation’s team for RideLondon 2022, please email Silvia on firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 020 7620 2066.